Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Chorizo does all the work seasoning these burgers, and the aioli comes together in minutes. Wrap the juicy patties in lettuce for a keto version. Don’t worry—the carb lovers in your home can still enjoy them on buns. —Becky Woollands, North Ridgeville, Ohio
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound fresh chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons canned chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 slices tomato
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Optional: Pickled red onions and hot pepper sauce, such as Cholula
- 6 leaf lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine beef and chorizo, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 6-in. patties. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 6-8 minutes on each side. Top with cheese; grill, covered, until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, chiles, cilantro and lime juice. Top burgers with sauce, tomato, avocado and, if desired, optional toppings. Wrap in lettuce leaves.
1 burger: 677 calories, 56g fat (19g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 1225mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Learn More: latest news on stimulus,u visa latest news,o panneerselvam latest news,g dragon latest news,latest news about stimulus check,j cole latest news,p chidambaram latest news,hepatitis b latest news,sarah g latest news,l&t latest news,p square latest news,