,May 20, 2021
Image: Danielle Minnebo
The nut butter in this recipe is crucial as it helps create crunchy clusters once this granola is toasted. You can use a variety of different nuts and seeds, as long you keep the ratios the same. This is approx. 700g of dry ingredients combined with 200g of wet ingredients. For example, you can make this recipe peanut-free but replace the peanut butter with almond butter.
Makes: Approx. 850g
DF, GF, V
- 300g gluten-free rolled oats
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 40g chia seeds
- 40g flaxseeds
- 50g walnuts or cashew nuts
- 175g sultanas
- 100g coconut palm syrup
- 75g smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the rolled oats, coconut, chia seeds, flaxseeds, nuts and sultanas to a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the coconut palm syrup, peanut butter and olive oil to a saucepan and heat over a medium heat. Stir until melted and then pour over the oat mixture. Mix everything together well and spread out across your baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins, then remove from the oven, stir the granola and bake for a further 15 mins.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Break up the granola into clusters and store in an airtight jar.
Danielle is a university-qualified nutritionist, a passionate home cook and founder of Food to Nourish. Danielle’s love affair with cooking started at a very young age in the kitchen where she was taught to cook by her mother. Danielle is passionate about helping people form a better understanding of nutrition and a healthier relationship with the food they eat. In fact, she’s on a mission to help spread the real food message to as many people as possible. Throughout her work as a nutritionist, Danielle’s basic principles have always come back to how we cook and prepare our food. She believes it really is as simple as combining wholefood ingredients in the right way to create tasty dishes that are nutrient-dense and full of flavour.
Enjoy these delicious vegan pasta dishes, made with Explore Cuisine’s organic, gluten-free, protein-rich and plant-based pasta alternatives.
This mushroom &lentil vegan pie makes a delicious dinner for the whole family. The best part? You can freeze the…
Learn More: healthy food near me,health care privacy part 2,health store near me,health triangle,health plan of san joaquin,health o meter scale,health hut,health partners plans,heath zenith,health related fitness,health o meter,health unlimited,health food near me,health gear inversion table,health warrior,no healthy upstream,health journeys,health right 360,healthx,health union,health unit coordinator salary,health gauge des moines,health village imaging,health gorilla,health zone,health nut cafe,health 3.0,how much health does the ender dragon have,health kick,health verity,health velocity capital,health quarters,how much health does the wither have,health 101,c health lebanon va,e health messaging,m health maple grove,healthxl,health 5e,i health inc