Former Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer and Lindsey Hill, the woman who accused him of sexual assault, have settled their dueling defamation lawsuits.
“Mr. Bauer did not make – and never has made – any payments to Ms. Hill, including to resolve their litigation. With this matter now at rest, Mr. Bauer can focus completely on baseball.” Bauer’s attorneys, Shawn Holley and Jon Fetterolf said in a statement sent to TMZ Monday.
Hill’s attorney, Bryan Freedman, told TMZ that Hill is also not paying Bauer to settle his lawsuit, but instead is receiving $300,000 from her insurance company.
Bauer, who is currently pitching for the Yokohama DeNA Baystars in Japan, posted a video on Twitter after the settlement Monday in which he shared alleged evidence to support his claim that Hill’s entire accusation was a setup to extract money from the former Cy Young winner.
In the social media post, Bauer shows a selfie video of Hill smiling in Bauer’s bed purportedly recorded the morning after she claims he raped her.
Bauer was still asleep at the time.
Bauer, 32, was placed on administrative leave by MLB in July 2021 after Hill first alleged that he assaulted her on two separate occasions at his home in Pasadena during what she said began as consensual sexual encounters.
He was suspended an unprecedented 324 games by Major League Baseball, a ban reduced to 194 games by an independent arbitrator in December 2022.
After Bauer’s suspension ended, the Dodgers cut him and no team picked him up.
The Los Angeles District Attorney declined to file charges in the case.
KTLA has not previously identified Lindsey Hill under our policy of not identifying sexual assault survivors and accusers unless they choose to go public, which is now the case with Hill.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.