,May 5, 2021
Image: Adam Guthrie
Buying the right ingredients is a crucial part of being prepared for your working week dinners. Here, washed potatoes are roughly chopped without being peeled (for extra fibre) and thrown into a pot of water, with the veggies and gravy prepared while they boil. It’s really that easy to prepare a delicious wholesome meal in 20 minutes.
- Mashed Potatoes
- 8 medium–large potatoes, diced into small cubes
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- Salt, to taste
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp wholemeal plain flour mixed with 2–4 tbsp water to make a slurry
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 broccoli heads, broken into florets
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves or kale
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Place the potatoes into a pan over a high heat, cover with cold water and cook, with the lid on.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the onion rings and sauté until brown. Add a splash of water to the pan of onion rings to deglaze the pan.
- Add the stock and stir, bringing it to the boil. Once boiling, add the flour slurry and stir. Stir constantly until boiling then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 mins.
- Set aside until ready to eat.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan over a medium–high heat with ¼ cup of water.
- Add the broccoli florets and peas. Cover with a lid and steam for 5 mins.
- Drain the potatoes leaving just a little bit of water to keep them moist, place the pan back onto the heat, add the milk and then mash with a potato masher.
- Beat potato mixture with a wooden spoon until creamy and smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Serve the steamed greens in a bowl with the mashed potato on the side and the gravy over the top.
Adam is a vegan whose passion for food began with a life-threatening illness and continues today in a lifestyle built around healthy cooking and eating. Adam is a qualified chef and wellness coach who specialises in a wholefood, plant-based diet. Adam shares how to prepare delicious, healthy food for health, energy and vitality. He conducts online healthy eating and wellness programs and gives keynote talks, live cooking demonstrations and cooking classes on the subject of healthy eating and living well.
One of the most popular dishes in Indonesia, vegetarian nasi goreng is simple, delicious and easily adaptable by adding your…
Looking for a recipe that tastes like summer on a plate? This flavoursome BBQ prawn salad is the one for…
Learn More: healthy food near me,health care privacy part 2,health store near me,health triangle,health plan of san joaquin,health o meter scale,health hut,health partners plans,heath zenith,health related fitness,health o meter,health unlimited,health food near me,health gear inversion table,health warrior,no healthy upstream,health journeys,health right 360,healthx,health union,health unit coordinator salary,health gauge des moines,health village imaging,health gorilla,health zone,health nut cafe,health 3.0,how much health does the ender dragon have,health kick,health verity,health velocity capital,health quarters,how much health does the wither have,health 101,c health lebanon va,e health messaging,m health maple grove,healthxl,health 5e,i health inc