,May 14, 2021
Image: Adam Guthrie
This oat loaf is one of our most commented-on family favourites and is a great dish to keep in single-portion containers to pull out as needed.
- Tomato Sauce
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves only, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only, finely chopped
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, shredded
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock powder
1½ cups cooked chickpeas
1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce (see recipe above)
- 4 cups fresh mixed lettuce leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC.
- To make the tomato sauce, heat a frying pan over a high heat. Add the onions and garlic and dry sauté.
- Add the tomatoes and mash them into a puree and stir well. Add the dried oregano, marjoram and balsamic vinegar.
- Simmer for 2–3 mins until thick.
- Add the chopped parsley and remove from the heat and set aside.
- To make the loaf, heat a frying pan over a high heat. Add the leek and garlic and dry-sauté for a couple of mins.
- Add the chopped rosemary and thyme and stir.
- Add the mushrooms, carrot, capsicum and sauté until soft. When soft, add the spinach and stir until the spinach wilts.
- Add the vegetable stock powder and cook for a min more. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Place the cooked chickpeas into a bowl. Add the rolled oats and mash well with your hands.
- Add 2 tbsp of the tomato sauce and cooked vegetables and mix into a paste with your hands.
- Spread half of the remaining tomato sauce onto the base of a casserole dish. Add the mixture and push down firmly. Spread the remaining sauce over the top.
- Cover with foil and place into the oven for 30 mins. Cut into portion sizes and freeze.
Adam is a vegan whose passion for food began with a life-threatening illness and continues today in a lifestyle built around healthy cooking and eating. Adam is a qualified chef and wellness coach who specialises in a wholefood, plant-based diet. Adam shares how to prepare delicious, healthy food for health, energy and vitality. He conducts online healthy eating and wellness programs and gives keynote talks, live cooking demonstrations and cooking classes on the subject of healthy eating and living well.
Inside this can you’ll find a jackfruit of all trades. It’s a fruit with the mystic ability of a culinary…
This rainbow salad is packed with vitamins, antioxidants and, of course, plenty of flavour for a nutritious lunch that’ll nourish…
Learn More: healthy food near me,health care privacy part 2,health store near me,health triangle,health plan of san joaquin,health o meter scale,health hut,health partners plans,heath zenith,health related fitness,health o meter,health unlimited,health food near me,health gear inversion table,health warrior,no healthy upstream,health journeys,health right 360,healthx,health union,health unit coordinator salary,health gauge des moines,health village imaging,health gorilla,health zone,health nut cafe,health 3.0,how much health does the ender dragon have,health kick,health verity,health velocity capital,health quarters,how much health does the wither have,health 101,c health lebanon va,e health messaging,m health maple grove,healthxl,health 5e,i health inc